C.of E. Logo

 

Saint Barnabas Church
Great Strickland


To Love Christ
and
Make Him Known

Menu

Home

Group Calendar

Services

Choir

Music Group

Sermons

Links

Find us

Contacts


Our Church

Our Village

Links

 

The InteriorThe Church

The new stained glass windowSt Barnabas' church was built on a raised site at the East end of the village in 1870 by George Watson of Penrith, using fine local sandstone and Stainton sandstone. The steeply pitched roof supports an elm framed bell turret. It is now a Grade II listed building.

The Church is simply furnished with pine pews and choir stalls and has a very nice font (see right).

The FontIt has just two stained glass windows;
'The Crucifixion' by Shrigley and Hunt, in the East Apse, and a new one installed in the centre of the west window in 2008 (see the photo on the left) and donated by Mary Burne in memory of her husband.

The Churchyard is almost entirely well-maintained grass but, in spring there is a beautiful display of daffodils alongside the path, as can just be seen in the photograph at the top.

It is currently served from St Lawrence Church, Morland as part of the Leith Lyvennet Group of churches.

The Parishioners of St Barnabas, Great Strickland have produced a CD performing some of their favourite songs. It includes some jazz, some new songs and some old fashioned rock ‘n roll. Performers include the vicar himself!
The CD is being sold in aid of church funds at a price of £7.00 each.
For a copy, please contact Bob Skinner on 01931 712764


Bolton / / Cliburn / / Crosby Ravensworth

Great Strickland / / Morland / / Thrimby